My name is Tanja Shaw and I have been involved in the fitness industry for over 10 years. Seven years ago I started teaching Boot Camp classes and have helped hundreds of men and women transform their bodies. I have been blown away by the results Ascend Fitness Boot Campers see (and feel) after a few short weeks of class.
Here’s WHY Ascend Fitness Boot Camp works:
1. It’s fun. Seriously. When asked what the first word that comes to mind when you hear ‘Ascend Fitness Boot Camp’ over 90% of participants said FUN! Let’s face it, if you your workout is not fun, you probably won’t do it. In fact, boredom a top reason men and women struggle with exercise and weight loss. You will tone up, lose weight, feel fantastic and improve you life in so many ways…and have FUN at the same time! You can choose to come to Boot Camp twice a week, or sign up for your UNLIMITED ACCESS membership. The more you come, the faster the results!
I first joined Boot Camp in May of 2010. I had started noticing that my clothes weren’t fitting as well as they used to and that I was always tired at the end of my work day. Prior to starting Boot Camp I has started going to the gym and running but it was difficult to stick to a routine and stay motivated. My fiancée Bruce had already been working with Tanja on a one on one basis and had mentioned he was going to start Boot Camp and that I should come along; and I have been attending ever since!
Since starting Boot Camp, my clothes fit me much better and I have even had to get rid of some that no longer fit because they are too big! Physically I have lost weight and have toned up everywhere. I have also noticed an increase in my overall fitness level; hiking, running and even walking up flights of stairs is much easier. I have also been paying much more attention to the amount and types of food I eat and buy; at least during the week! Boot Camp has definitely improved my overall health and fitness and I am not nearly as tired at the end of the day or week. I have met some really great people who motivate me to show up and get through the workout. -Jenn Tennant, Chilliwack, BC
2. Camaraderie of other boot campers. Fun, enthusiastic and supportive men and women with similar goals. They’ll encourage you, and they might even bring out your competitive side. You may be surprised what’s in you… Just read about John’s experience…
I joined boot camp to lose weight. In just 3 1/2 months I have lost over 30 pounds and I am the best shape of my life. If I can do this, anybody can. I have been overweight for over 10 years and tried every diet out there. There is no secret to how to lose weight, proper diet and regular exercise are all that is required. It is hard work, and you only get out what you put in, but the rewards are worth it. My fitness level went from just about zero to finding myself hiking and running outside of bootcamp a few times a week. With Tanja’s positive motivation, it has been a fun experience. The group environment gives me motivation not only to attend on a regular basis, but to also achieve a higher level of fitness. And it’s a lot more fun than going to a gym! -John Quinte, Chilliwack, BC
3. It’s NOT a walk in the park. My apologies- but if I told you Ascend Boot Camp was easy, I’d be lying. ‘Easy’ workouts is another reason why men and women struggle with weight loss. I see it all the time at the gym- people ‘floating’ through their workout without effort or purpose. At Ascend Fitness Boot Camp, you will be challenged, no matter what your fitness level- and the body-slimming, waist-shrinking results are worth it! Read about Liz’s experience….
I first joined Ascend Fitness Boot Camp in May 2010.
I had been “convinced” to ride from Surrey to Seattle in the BC Cancer Foundation fundraiser in June 2010 and with my love of hiking, I had booked a trip to Borneo that included a 2-day hike to an elevation of over 13,000 feet. I knew my fitness level had dropped off from previous years and realized I would have to quickly commence on a focused fitness program in order to meet these goals. This is where Tanja’s boot camp came to the rescue.
Ascend Boot Camp was the answer to improving my cardio, endurance, and strength. The intense, but fun, bootcamp sessions are always challenging. They are geared towards almost any fitness level and it’s amazing how quickly my fitness level improved. One year later, and I am still going strong twice per week. I love it! It has kept my weight stable over the past year and every bootcamp day I feel energized (both physically and mentally) at work. I also look forward to the monthly fitness challenges that have included some awesome trail running, hiking up Elk Mountain, snowshoeing and a wicked stair workout.
4. Accountability. In order to get results, you need to show up (perhaps not getting to the gym for a workout is yet another reason people struggle to lose weight :). But, having a coach and team of boot campers waiting for you makes showing up that much more important. That’s right, at Ascend Fitness Boot Camp you are a part of a team. You are not a face in the crowd like at many group fitness classes a the gym. We know who you are- and we know whether or not you show up. Read what Kari thinks about Boot Camp…
Tanja’s boot camps have changed my life. I have never had more energy or felt so good. My running speed has improved greatly and my waistline is shrinking due to her motivation and creative workouts. She supports a healthy lifestyle and her workouts are always different. I am never bored and for the first time in my life, I look forward to exercising. She adjusts the activites for all levels and celebrates successes with every individual, showing a personal interest in all participants. Ascend Fitness Boot Camp is for anyone who wants to sweat and see results. -Kari Rowe, Chilliwack, BC
5. Assessments- and reassessments. I learned that what you want to improve something, you need to measure it and track it. At Ascend Fitness Boot Camp, we do regular Fit Tests (and it’s not just a timed run and push-ups… it’s an entire workout!) and body measurements so that we can track progress and celebrate your success!
6. No dieting. Yippeee!! We don’t just show you how to exercise, we also show you how to eat to shed pounds, and supercharge your metabolism. You’ll be eating more frequently, not less! A great plan combined with PERSONALcoaching ensures your success (a $149 value!) Read about Bruce’s Boot Camp experience…
It has been two years since my first boot camp class and during those two years I have made new friends, made positive, permanent changes to my lifestyle and have new passions in working out, running and just being active to the point where it is not even ‘work’ anymore but now just part of my lifestyle. My goal was to lose my ‘beer gut’ and I have now lost 10 lbs and 3 inches off my waistline and have never been this fit in my life. -Bruce Tennant, Chilliwack, BC
7. Integrates ALL the components required for success. I won’t go into too much detail here, but there are six components required for success, and we do them all. This includes giving you cardio workouts for any non-boot camp day (a $49 value)! Want to know more?
8. Expert Guidance. Don’t worry if you have never done a squat or push-up in your life! Our team are Certified Fitness Trainers with years of experience!
Read Brian’s story…
Tanja helped me learn about how to eat properly and to exercise to get results. My weight went down to 163 pounds and i had started doing triathlons with Tanja’s encouragement.
Ascend Fitness Boot Camp gives me the opportunity to workout with other people, from beginners to experienced exerciser. Also, the workouts are different all the time. For anyone thinking about getting into shape, call Tanja! -Brian McGrath, Chilliwack, BC
9. You get to invited to cool adventures! About once per month we go trail running, or hiking, or on some other active adventure. At Ascend Fitness Coaching, we are not just a workout… we are a lifestyle! We encourage you to use your super-fit body to do super-fun things! Here’s what Shelby has to say….
“I first came to Ascend Fitness Boot Camp purely for weight loss. Not only have I lost a few pounds, I have definitely toned up! The workouts are always challenging and different so I don’t get bored with the same old thing. I would recommend this class to anyone of any age looking to strengthen their body, build their endurance, and of course, have fun doing it!” -Shelby Mendonca, Chilliwack, BC
10. You get to try if for FREE. I hope you now have an appreciation of why Ascend Fitness Boot Camp gets results! Now that you’ve read why Ascend Boot Camp works, I hope you say ‘I CAN DO THIS!’ (because you can… I know you can!) and sign up for your free class today. But if you don’t believe anything I just said, I understand. You’ve heard it all before, you’ve tried every diet plan out there, nothing has worked, and we have not met. That’s why I want you to come and try us out without any obligation, and see for yourself.
For locations and times, please CLICK HERE!